might trade in ps3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by APPLEFAN8, Aug 24, 2007.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I might trade in my ps3 for a 369 becuase there are like no new games and I want halo 3 and they have rumble controllers what do you guys think. I don't have an money left since I just bought my black macbook! So my only option is to trade in my ps3!

2. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

I think you should hold on to it for a bit longer. Good games are on the way.

So I say, don't sell your PS3... unless you're willing to sell it to me for a discounted price..?:eek:

3. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Halo isn't coming out for another month.
    Save some money and buy a 360 then.
    Don't sell the Ps3.

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

There are quite a bit of good games coming out soon for the PS3. I would definitely say hold onto it. I think that you would be happy, in the long run, that you kept the PS3. Anyway, you will always be able to eventually buy Halo 3 to play on the Macbook (I don't know how well it would run, though).

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm thinking about selling mine too. I only paid £299, I could easily make a tiny profit on it. Might get rid of it before Xmas and buy a PSP-2000.
    Haven't seen the thing in a few weeks either.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think you should trade in your ps3 for 369 to get the xbox 360 with the rumble controllers to play halo 3 soon since there are no good games for the ps3 do you have a way to get a government discount on the new xbox?!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Errr...No.

Get rid of your PS3, pull the trigger on the 360

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Keep your PS3. Go to a friends to play Halo 3 when it's first released.

There's always options.

<]=)

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Personally I'd keep it......now that you have it.

I want a 360 more now, but I really would use both. Keep the PS3, and save for the 360.

In the end, it will save you $$.

10. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

alright well i'm gonna make the decison since my parents own't let me have both!

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I vote for keeping the PS3.

(As I've posted in a similar thread about iMac's, what you're feeling is called 'cognitive dissonance', also known as 'Buyer's Remorse'. It'll pass.

:)

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think you should of done some research on your purchase before you dive in.....you got a console in its first year of course there are not a lot of games but if you would wait awhile then you'll see.

Rumble....I can't do nothing to remedy this for you pal....like I said you shoulda known.

If you are not happy with it then sell...makes no since keeping it if its of no use.

Bless

13. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I am in a similar situation, but I have neither the PS3 or the Xbox 360 and I can only afford one.

What should I get:
    Xbox for Bioshock and Halo 3
    PS3 for Resistance and Motostorm

I think I will go for the Xbox, there are better games out and will be out.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^ Resistance and Halo 3 (possibly) are bog standard shooters. Motorstorm is average at best, not as fast or engaging as other next-gen racers.

Bioshock is something different. It'll take over Twilight Princess as the highest rated game this gen without doubt.
    And Xbox Live, 3 year warranty, cheaper cost to just play games, rumble controllers (also compatible with PC/Mac).

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not to steal the thread or anything, but I've let the PS3 go. Sold it to one of my cousins friends. I've still got my cousins PS3 to play when the big hitters come out.

16. iSwitchd macrumors member

i would trade it in.

I just got rid of my PS3 and traded it for a 360 Elite. I was not impressed w/ the PS3 at all....nice being out for almost a year and the strongest game was a launch title (Resistance). Pathetic.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you have looked at the PS3's forthcoming release line up and have decided there is nothing you want - and have in turn looked at the 360 lineup and seen games you want..... then the choice seems obvious.

Forget about the strenghts and weaknesses, forget about fanboyisms. If the games you want are on the other system then it's kind of a no-brainer.

So the best advice is... use common sense.

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Generally I would recommend the 360 just due to the current better games lineup, unless the OP preferred the upcoming PS3 games; It's all about what you like.

But if you already own a PS3, consider that selling it will mean a loss, and Sony hasn't hit with their big titles. I'd keep the PS3 through the holiday season, and if you still don't like it AFTER Sony launches some AAA titles, then sell it. Selling right before the good games come out is kind of a waste of the original purchase.

19. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

You could find a straight up trade for a Premium or maybe even an Elite on Craigs List in like two seconds flat. That's what I would do, but I'm a CL addict.

20. progx macrumors regular

progx

After looking at the latest gameplay trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, you'd be crazy to part with it!

I'm going to pick up a 60 GB PS3 and get ready for it. Besides, your 360 friends will have Halo 3, just play it there. Or just save your money and buy a 360, plus keeping the PS3.

Besides, the only reliable 360 is the Elite. From what I've heard, it doesn't have any of the problems that many 360 consoles are facing.

21. progx macrumors regular

progx

Zelda Twilight Princess and Bioshock are completely different titles. Apples and oranges.

Metroid and Bioshock would be a fair comparison. Although, I think Metroid may outsell Bioshock since there are more Wiis in households than 360s.

22. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I'd trade in for a 360. Bioshock, Halo 3, Forza 2, Gears of War, and Crackdown are all great exclusive games. Plus with Xbox Live on top of it, how can you go wrong? :cool:
    *But* I wouldn't get a 360 just for the rumble controllers and halo 3, because IIRC Sony is supposedly working on a rumble controller for the PS3, and Sony will probably make a clone of Halo. I would say get a 360 if you can afford XBL, because it is a huge part of what makes the 360 great.

23. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I agree, there are several reasons to get a 360 but Halo 3 (a mediocre game) and rumble controllers are not one of them.

I say hold on to your PS3 a little bit more, great games are coming and most games are going the multi-platform way.

24. Rychy macrumors 6502

Wow, I'm in the exact same dilemma. I saved up enough credit at Game Crazy to get a new console... well time was running down on how long my store credit was good for, and I decided I didn't want to get a 360 anywhere but Costco (return policy). So I got the PS3... and yeah I don't like it much, there's nothing exclusive that I really want to play until sometime next year. Now I'm thinking about buying a 360 and trading the PS3 in ($350) for the accessories I need and maybe a DS Lite. Decisions, decisions...

25. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm not gonna! My parents said no but I agreed! Guitar hero 3 is coming out for it, metal gear solid 4, and KILLZONE 2! There are some more great games plus the controllers will soon have rumble. I just got madden 08 2day for ps3 so I'm gonna keep it