Might trade my Note 3 for a iPhone 5s...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shaqq, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Shaqq macrumors regular

Shaqq

I love the note 3 and the features it has but I heard the iPhone 5s Touch ID is good and the camera is flawless. So I'm thinking about trading. I had every new phone and every iphone besides the 5s so it's a hard decision.

2. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

If you had every iPhone you know what to expect. Have you tried iOS 7?

3. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I've had both.

The Note 3 is an incredible phone with the ability to multitask and Android customization makes it a joy to use. The only negative I found was the unpolished of some apps. And being in the Apple ecosystem for some time now, can cause concern for any user overtime.

The iPhone 5s is buttery smooth, and if you value polished apps then go for it. But if you enjoy the larger phone and multitasking as well as customization then your better suited for the Note 3.

Especially if your entrenched in the Apple ecosystem the iPhone has the advantage, I took the plunge with the Note 3 after having being with the iPhone since it's introduction. But recently came back to the iPhone.

5. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

How's the Touch ID it's very accurate? And do you regret giving up the note 3?

6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I have both phones and switch between them regularly. But if I had to pick between them it would be the iPhone 5s. I enjoy the polish more.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

5s is amazing especially if you decide to jailbreak, virtual home is something that apple should have thought of.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I can't understand how someone could be debated between an iPhone 5S and a Note 3.
    They are completely different ....

9. zipa macrumors 65816

Because that's all that Apple has to offer for now? It's not like there would be a 5-6" iphone available (yet) for purchase.

10. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

They're both phones, both are state of the art, one is bigger, one is smaller.

11. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

.... one is almost not even "a phone" :rolleyes:

----------

Fortunately ....

12. FirstNTenderbit macrumors 6502

FirstNTenderbit

Not for me. If Apple comes out with a 4.7-5" phone I would seriously consider coming back. I'm not handcuffed by any one ecosystem. I enjoy Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. My gaming rig is great, my MBA gets the job done, my iPad is a joy, and I don't have a single complaint about my S3.

I just can't go back to the small phone.

13. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM

anyone would have to be out of their mind to go from a Note 3
    to an iPhone !!!!! the Note 3 is so far ahead of the iPhone it's
    not even on the same planet.

the fingerprint touch ID is just a gimmick and everyone i know
    with an iPhone 5S says the novelty wore off after a week or so.

the Note 3 display is far superior, the camera is far superior,
    the S pen stylus is amazing, the battery life is incredible.

the 5S is the 7th generation iPhone and it still doesn't support
    bluetooth file transfer, my Motorola V3 had that feature 10 years
    ago.

do yourself a favor and keep the Note 3 !!!!!

14. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Go for it- iPhones are BOSS and ios is so much better than android. The camera on the 5s is good and im sure u will have fun with touch id. You will truly be satisfied with the purchase of an iphone. BUT SINCE YOU ARE COMING FROM THE SAMSUNG NOTE-you may want to wait for the next iPhone which is rumored (and true) that the next iphone will have a larger screen(and since your coming from the note that will feel less awkward and will be quite nice).

15. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

Yea I'm thinking about staying with my Note 3 but I'm not sure yet. Today someone offered me a unlocked LG G2 and 70 but I don't know much about it so I'm not doing that. But yea it definitely think the iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen hopefully they change and add features also. I love IOS but they definitely need to add some more good features a lot actually but we'll see.

16. sixrom macrumors 6502a

Well said.

If not for it's stale tiny size and annoying iOS 7, I'd still use my iPhone 5S as my primary smartphone. Instead I'm having lots of fun and enjoy the time saving SWYPE keyboard of my Nexus 5. It allows me to respond to my email in less than half the time and with far better accuracy, than hammering on the tiny iPhone keyboard.

For those who don't care about time wasted or the keyboard experience it's a different matter. iPhone is a very good unit, just not for everyone. It's all about choice, luckily we have Android to provide that for us. It's a perfect companion to my retina MacBook Pro.

17. aneftp macrumors 68040

Depends on your needs. I have used android 1.0 with the G1 and iPhone 1.0 iPhone 2007 all the way up to ios7/iPhone 5S and android 4.4/Nexus 5/Note 2 (android 4.2).

Don't diss the touch ID. I thought it was a gimmick also. Apple rarely invents anything revolutionary. They just happen to perfect the ease of use.

Compared to Atrix I had. It worlds ahead.

Same can be how easy they made FaceTime. We all know front camera aren't new. It's just that apple made it easy to use.

18. phositadc macrumors 6502

Agree. This might seem petty, but my single biggest complaint about iPhone is that you can't use Swype or SwiftKey. Absolutely cannot understand why Apple hasn't allowed custom keyboards yet.

19. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

I actually don't think they'll ever aloud custom keyboard at least not any time soon they will maybe years later.

20. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

I echo this. My note 3 is fantastic. However, I should say that I have two lines and the other is an iPhone 5. Nothing comes close to my Note 3, but having my iPhone 5 (work phone) lets me keep using the apple ecosystem. Yes, the 5s is smooth, but the 3 has the best battery and screen out there. Also, the s pen is much more than a stylus; Samsung has really integrated the software to take advantage of the s pen. Both have good cameras. For quick pics, the 5s is a lot easier to use. Both are great phones.

21. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

I luv my Apple products, but I agree keep the Note.....

22. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I would keep the note till iPhone 6 comes out. The 5s camera is great though. And the fingerprint sensor is too, only a gimmick to those that don't have it.

23. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Good advice. the Note is a fine phone and, by most indications, the iPhone 6 will be a big change (if for no other reason than a possible screen size increase).

24. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

Note 3 is the real deal.

If you like google software stick with the note. Google treats iPhone like 2nd class.

If you have simpler needs get the iPhone. It's a tighter os. Touchid is a gimmick. I hardly use it.

25. WilliamG macrumors 604

I think the misuse of the word "gimmick" is hilarious. Touch ID is the best thing about iPhone 5s. I use it what...20-30 times a day? EVERY time I pick up the phone? How can that ever be considered a gimmick?