iPhone Might Want To Wait On JailBreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MatthewStorm, Nov 3, 2014.

1. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I tweeted Pangu asking when and if we'd see a Mac version to JB. He replied 'As soon as the Windows version is stable. Anyway, it's on the way.'

Soooo..maybe it's smart to wait for the mac version to drop. Let him work out all the bugs. Cause right now all you Windoze folks are Beta Testers.

:)

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Do as you please.

The rest of us will enjoy our jailbreak, which has been very stable as of Pangu 1.1 and Cydia 1.15

3. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak been running smooth as butter for me . Mirin join date though op

4. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

So all these issues I'm reading about with Safari is false? Boot loops I'm reading about is False? Hmmm....whatever you say.

----------

What's Mirin?

5. evoga macrumors regular

evoga

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Are you just posting for the sake of posting?

If you bothered reading the history, there have been 3 releases in the last week. One update fixed the boot loop, another fixed safari, and another fixed various other issues. Before you go slamming peoples' comments based on second-hand information you read, you may want to educate yourself and realize that those bugs you "keep reading about" (guess you're reading old news. Antennae gate has been solved FYI) have been fixed.

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

See you are still on the 5, but for my 6plus it has been good. I JB last night and other thn installing a tweak that was not ready for iOS 8 I have had no issue.

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Clearly you're trying to make yourself feel better about waiting, but there's zero difference in jailbreaking now on Windows or tomorrow (or whenever the unforeseeable future comes) when the Mac client is out. If it's a big deal to use Parallels\VmWare, or use a windows machine, then wait, but otherwise there's no downside to doing it now.

In fact, Apple could patch the exploit tomorrow and someone who listens to you say "Wait for a Mac Client!" could break their phone on Wednesday and not be able to jailbreak because their iOS isn't able to be JB'd. That'd be the worst case scenario, but case in point that there's no reason to wait.

But if you feel better reading into what the Pangu team wrote, so be it.

9. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Not on the 5. For the life of me I can't figure out how to change that info. I'm on the 6+.

----------

I'm not reading into anything. That's exactly what he wrote. All I tried to do was offer some fact based advice to *maybe* help someone out. God forbid I try and do that.

10. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I am using infinidock, Hideme8 and cc settings and so far it works very well.

Attached Files:

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The problem here is that there is already a 6-7 page thread already explaining this. It probably would do you better to read that thread and/or check to see if any info that you are going to post has already been mentioned prior to posting.

BL.

12. iF34R macrumors 65816

iF34R

I'm on a 6, .2 pangu, and haven't had a single issue at all. Yet. lol

13. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So you can't figure out how to change your profile on here to reflect your current products owned, yet you're giving "fact based advice" ... what's the fact you're basing your advice off of? There was no fact that you presented. Yeah Pangu has said from the beginning that they'd eventually offer a Mac client, yep, that was a given. They offered no timeline (it's like me saying I'll wash my shoes after it rains). Yes it's a fact that it'll rain, but there's no evidence to say that'll come next week, next month, or next year.

Your whole thread was a complete waste. You're telling people they might want to wait for what reason? You do realize that the jailbreak (the exploit and the means for injecting that exploit) are exactly the same whenever the software is available for PC and Mac at the same time, right? You seem to lack the basic understanding of how a jailbreak works. If the Mac client were to come out today it'd still be executing and installing the same version of jailbreak as the Windows client, so to suggest that by waiting till tomorrow someone is getting a newer and fresher version of the JB than someone who did it today (and is a "beta tester" since they didn't wait till the mac client came out) is in any different position, simply shows your lack of understanding.

Once you figure out how to fix that signature you'll be 10% closer to credible.

----------

He finds it more self-promoting to post "facts" (which are based on third party conditional statements) instead of reading the posts. He's commenting on the bugs that existed numerous versions ago. He's merely demonstrating lack of understanding for what it means to jailbreak. Wish people would read forums before blindly posting based on their understanding of an editorial from a 3-version old release.

14. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

u mirin brah? zyzz? misc? aware?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Jb users are usually beta testers for multiple packages and hacks that after a while Apple adopts as their own ideas and amazing implementations.
    To me a jailbreaker is usually one that tinkers, tests and figures out solutions by trial and error and elimination when packages conflict or a hack update doesn't go as planned.
    If you expect a 100% bug free and dumb proof experience you should Stay stock.

16. cymolia macrumors 6502a

ayyyylmao, aware

17. frenchbullcho macrumors regular

OP is a joke that basically lacks common sense.

OP, why don't you do little research before making a fool out of yourself. So embarrassing.

18. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

You are so absolutely clueless. Pangu tweeted to me he's not releasing a Mac JB until the Windows version is more stable. Ergo, THE WINDOWS VERSION IS NOT STABLE! Can you get that thru your little pin head? There's no 'third' party facts. I was reporting on direct information. And any Mac client released would definitely NOT be the same version as the Windows release.

What is so wrong in your life you feel the need to ridicule someone who is trying to help?

19. scorpio333 macrumors member

This forum is nothing but a huge pissing match anymore.

20. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

From what I've read 8.1.1 patched the pangu exploit so waiting is up to you. I doubt since it's now patched that we will see a Mac version...

If anything maybe a 8.2 jb on the Mac.

21. MatthewStorm thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Pangu stated the Mac version is on the way once the Windows version is reliable.

22. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I think you're missing the point, the Jailbreak itself isn't the unstable bit.. it's the Pangu installer that might have a few bugs to work out.. If you are able to achieve a Jailbreak, then good.. For those who might be having weird issues with the Pangu app itself, that's the unstable bit.

So relax, a Mac version of Pangu does not mean a better Jailbreak if that's what you're thinking.

23. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

For those waiting to jailbreak you are essentially risking not being able to jailbreak. Even if you don't update to iOS 8.1.1 when it is released, what happens if your initial attempt to jailbreak is unsuccessful? You will have to restore, and when apple releases 8.1.1 they will stop signing 8.1, which means you will be forced to restore to 8.1.1. Wait if you want to but it may not end well for you.

24. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Might Want To JailBreak

8.1.1 beta has been confirmed to patch the jailbreak, I would recommend restoring to 8.1 before 8.1.1 is released to guarantee you can jailbreak.

25. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Just JB with pangu 1.2
    Smooth as butter.

1. Backup on my mac.
    2. Borrow friend's lenovo.
    3. Download pangu and launch.
    4. Finished in 5 min.

"not in the near future" means not at all.
    I think we will be looking at only a windows version this round.