Mighty mouse and Keyboard not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by u49aa2, May 11, 2009.

1. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I bought my mighty mouse and apple wireless keyboard about 9 months ago. I had the few occasions every now and then where i lose connection.

The problem is recently i have been losing connection more frequently than usual. like today my laptop was sleep in clamshell. I switch on the mouse, it wakes up the laptop but then the cursor doesn't work and the keyboard doesn't work. I check the connection; the mouse and keyboard are connected! it only resolve when i turn the bluetooth off and then on.

another incident today while i was working with laptop in clamshell i suddenly was unable to move the mouse cursor or use the keyboard.

The only thing i have noticed that maybe of help:

1) it happened once or twice while the laptop was backing up to time capsule.

2) for the last month or two the keyboard will lose connection for 1-2 seconds and then reconnect itself.

my mouse battery is full and the keyboard is 3 green.

thanks in advance

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I have been getting almost exactly the same problem. Mine generally disconnects when ever time machine activates and then does it again once its finished.

3. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Strange considering the time machine uses wireless connection and obviously the mouse uses bluetooth.