Mighty Mouse and keyboard updates?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cabris, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Cabris macrumors newbie

Hey I am looking to buy the wireless Mighty Mouse and keyboard

just wondering if you guys think that there is going to be an update soon
    do you think that they will update them when they release the iMac update?

And should i buy the cheaper refurbished ones or would i be better off if i buy them new?

let me know your thoughts!

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

I think Apple will release new mouses/keyboards if the iMac gets a redesign.

3. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

4. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

I was about to go buy the apple wireless keyboard, but now im thinking that they're going to make a new keyboard thats like the macbook pro's keyboard - black keys on an aluminum frame and the keys are illuminated. hm.... should i wait and see or not...

5. aresinferno macrumors regular

If they did that and released a bluetooth buttonless multi-touch trackpad then they would have an instant sale from me.

I have a dream mac setup that I do not planning on getting until they make those things. Perhaps an ACD too.

The thing is, I don't think apple will update their keyboards or mice and certainly won't release a separate trackpad. I just don't see it happening. But you never know.

6. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I hope Apple gives us a touch pad instead of an old fashion mouse.

Imagine, multi-touch Bluetooth touchpad.

7. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I'm hoping they come out with a mouse that replaces the scroll ball with touchpad like the Targus Wireless Mouse For Macs and the Philips SPM9800/10.

8. bbydon macrumors 6502a

I can imagine not getting much design work done and having hand cramps non stop

9. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Sound great to me. Maybe make it bigger than the current Mac Pro pad, and with the same whole pad as a button design.

I would love to dump my best buy generic mouse, but I really don't want to replace it with the mighty mouse after all the bad stuff I hear about the trackball jamming on it. I love the old style trackpad on my GMA 950 Macbook, but the new style looks even better. A desktop version would be awesome.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

A mouse with a multi-touch top that will replace the scroll ball is my take on a new mouse.

There's been tons of concepts images that people have made up like this one. The thing is though the touch part of the mouse has to be glass and maybe flat.

Attached Files:

11. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

a trackpad like this one? that would be awesome... a giant trackpad with multi-touch instead of a mouse. btw this is just a concept pic of a docking station for the tablet

Attached Files:

12. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

looks nice enough to me, trackpad is a good idea for daily use, not task oriented. at least i cant really use it in photoshop..but updates are always welcome, apple, bring the world new stuff and judgements will help you do a better job later:p

13. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

That look very interesting, I would certainly purchase one of these.

Look like these refreshes cant happen soon enough.