Mighty Mouse annoyance

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
London
Hi guys

I'm using a wired Mighty Mouse which I like very much. However, it keeps forgetting its setup.

I have it set to left click: primary, right click: secondary yet after sleeping or unplugging it operates like a single button mouse. If I go into system prefs it still shows my original config but if I change it to something and then back to right click = secondary it works again.

It's no real biggie, it's just annoying! Anybody have this problem or know how to fix it? :confused:

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
London
illegalprelude said:
when does it forget? in middle of operation or once you reboot or shut off the unit or it sleeps?
It forgets after sleep and after being unplugged and put in again (but not always with the latter)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
sunfast said:
It forgets after sleep and after being unplugged and put in again (but not always with the latter)
It's not the mouse forgetting, it's OS X. I don't have any idea why, but I just thought I'd point out that the mouse itself doesn't store settings.

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
mduser63 said:
It's not the mouse forgetting, it's OS X. I don't have any idea why, but I just thought I'd point out that the mouse itself doesn't store settings.
That is true!~

mattjgalloway

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
Mice have short memories and after waking up they often forget where they are, let alone their master's wishes.

On a more sensible note... have you upgraded the OS, using software update, fully?