Mighty Mouse ball dont work properly-any ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ruk110, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

I have a mighty mouse and the ball scrolls down but dont scroll up. I have tried the plain sheet of paper and rolling the ball on it until it cleans itself but its only worked for a while, now nothing seems to be working

Anybody got any ideas? because Apple mice aint cheap!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Get a new mouse. Mighty Mouse suffers from that issue. It's very well known that the ball gets stuck, always. No matter how hard you try to clean.

You can just get a cheap-ish Logitech and use that if Magic Mouse is too expensive.

3. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Try some rubbing alcohol on the scroll wheel...

4. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I would also say get a new mouse. I've got rid of my Mighty Mouse for this issue. Logitech mice are for me much better.

5. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

i got mad at it and chucked it on the floor, i heard a loud crack and now it works :s

i dont get it! lol maybe some dirt moved out of place of something? i guess i had nothing to lose by throwing it

6. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

A lot of people keep talking about Logitech mice, is there a specific one that mac users would prefer? or a commonly good one?

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Mighty mouse suck. The scroll ball has 4 tiny rollers that collect gunk and makes your scrolling a nightmare.

8. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I've been using my Mighty Mouse for years and I've been pretty happy with it. I've occasionally had the problem where the scroll ball quits working, or only works in certain directions. Following some advice I read online, I simply whack the scroll ball on my desk a couple of times and it seems to fix it. Seriously.

9. animatedude macrumors 65816

i used to think the Magic Mouse is very flat but now i have a Mighty at home and Magic at house....the Magic is amazing.

GO MAGIC!