mighty mouse broke under warranty? do u get a new replacement

Discussion in 'iMac' started by matthewcap, Dec 19, 2007.

1. matthewcap macrumors member

hello, my mighty mouse broke on my new iMac, the scroll bar doesnt scroll down, so i was wondering if i bring it back to the apple store, do i get a new replacement or a refurbished one , thanks, its under applecare warranty

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

clean your scroll ball for starters.

3. termina3 macrumors 65816

If cleaning your scrollball doesn't work… then yes, you can get a new one. Take it in with your applecare information to an Apple Store.

4. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I had a problem with my new mouse and it was replaced. I called 4:00 p.m. on a Monday and it was at my front door the next day at 3:00 p.m. I couldn't believe it. You will have to supply a credit card # for return by mail. The box has a prepaid return label on it. Good luck, MC

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I took mine to the genius bar once when I was at the mall and he just cleaned it with alcohol-wipes...did absolutely nothing. It's really annoying because some days it works and others it doesn't. I called Apple and they agreed to send me a new one, and I send them the current one back in the same box - they took care of all the costs. Very nice :)