Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewcap

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
hello, my mighty mouse broke on my new imac, the scroll bar doesnt scroll down, so i was wondering if i bring it back to the apple store, do i get a new replacement or a refurbished one , thanks, its under applecare warranty

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
hello, my mighty mouse broke on my new imac, the scroll bar doesnt scroll down, so i was wondering if i bring it back to the apple store, do i get a new replacement or a refurbished one , thanks, its under applecare warranty

clean your scroll ball for starters.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
If cleaning your scrollball doesn't work… then yes, you can get a new one. Take it in with your applecare information to an Apple Store.

montycat

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2007
Florida
I had a problem with my new mouse and it was replaced. I called 4:00 p.m. on a Monday and it was at my front door the next day at 3:00 p.m. I couldn't believe it. You will have to supply a credit card # for return by mail. The box has a prepaid return label on it. Good luck, MC

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I took mine to the genius bar once when I was at the mall and he just cleaned it with alcohol-wipes...did absolutely nothing. It's really annoying because some days it works and others it doesn't. I called Apple and they agreed to send me a new one, and I send them the current one back in the same box - they took care of all the costs. Very nice :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.