Mighty Mouse disconnecting

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ThaiBoogie, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ThaiBoogie macrumors newbie

I've had my new iMac for about a month (first mac) and everything is pretty much working perfectly. The whole time, though, I have experienced my wireless Mighty Mouse disconnecting spontaneously. It just completely stops functioning and won't respond even if I turn if off, take out the batteries and put them back in, etc.

I have since found out that I can get it to work again by going to the Bluetooth-menu in the menu bar via keyboard, disconnecting the mighty mouse (OS X still sees it as connected) and connecting it again. This has happened about 10 times or so within the month I have had the Mac, sometimes several times in a week, sometimes not at all for long periods of time.

It still shows full battery, so that's not the cause, but what else could it be?

Is this a known problem and if so, it is my mouse or my mac that's outta wack?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Get a replacement wireless Mighty Mouse. If it works fine, it was a problem with the mouse. If it keeps doing it, it's a faulty bluetooth receiver in the Mac, and you should get it repaired under warranty.

3. pablol macrumors member

I have a MBP with wireless keyboard and mighty mouse and have frequent problems with both stopping working and then just magically coming back a few minutes later. Someone told me a baby monitor can mess up Bluetooth devices and I know there is a couple below me with a baby, so I have been chalking it up to that.

4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

The next time it disconnects, destroy it with a hammer, then light it on fire. Then go buy yourself a nice Logitech, Microsoft of Kingston mouse.

Hope this helps!