Mighty Mouse for gaming

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by caldavey, Jan 17, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

I was thinking about getting the wireless mighty mouse for my MacBook
    Pro and I would be doing a lot of gaming and I was wondering if it was good for that kind of stuff. I know you have to lift your pointer finger off and click with your middle to do a right click (aim down the sights) and how has it been going for you guys out there that have the M.M. for gaming? Thanks in advance.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've had more luck with a $10 cheapo Logitech then the Mighty Mouse for gaming. I swapped my MM out really fast at home. I still use one at work.

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

But the problem is is that I don't want to have to plug in a wireless receptor thinger every time I want to use my computer. I just want to pick it up, then use it.
    Are there any cheap wireless mouses out there that don't need one of those receptors that is a good mouse and reliable for gaming?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

As a gamer I can not recommend using the Mighty Mouse. I know that Logitech offers Bluetooth mice among other vendors.

5. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

I found some nice mouses at Logitech.com and there are many choices for me: I have wireless, wired, optical, laser. I was thinking of getting a wireless (unless the precision is off), but I don't know which is better; optical or laser. Some help on this please! Thanks.

And I just noticed that when I change it to Gaming-Grade only, they are only windows compatible... And they all are wired. Hmmmmm.....

How is the MX Revolution for gaming? I saw one on eBay and it looks pretty good.

6. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i dare say it... Microsoft... makes some decent mice too!

7. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I use a little Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse for gaming. I love my Mighty Mouse, but I need to be able to press the left and right buttons simultaneously sometimes.

8. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I just posted in another thread, the Microsoft wireless laser mouse 8000 is a great mouse for Macs.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

No.

Get the MX Revolution, or the VX Revolution which I have. They are very nice mice.

Forget the Mighty Mouse.

10. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Yes, I do like the MX Revolution and I have read a lot of reviews about in the past hour but all of those reviews seemed to have left out a stable review of the gaming. The only thing I seemed to have picked up was that it was 800 resolution or something and they said that that wasn't the best resolution you can get for a gaming mouse. I'm not going to be gaming for 8 hours straight, 7 days a week, but I will be spending a good amount of time on Call of Duty and BF2. So if you think this will be good for me, please let me know. Thanks again.

The G9 laser mouse says that it is compatible with Windows and USB, but it doesn't show Mac. But does this mean that I can still play it on my Mac thru USB?