Mighty Mouse is Button 3 crazy!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iTone, May 5, 2009.

1. iTone macrumors member

iTone

Today after i cleaned my mighty mouse (by rolling the scroll ball on a piece of paper) the Button 3 would not work properly and neither would the primary button. When the scroll ball is set as Button 3 the primary button and the scroll ball both do Button 3 actions even though in the preferences its not set up that way. I can't click anything with it, it just keeps opening new tabs in Firefox and when i click those tabs they close. And as i typed this i noticed the secondary button isn't working well either. I took out the batteries, turned off bluetooth, changed the preferences, restarted my macbook, and it's all the same. Is there a way to fix this or am i screwed? Would apple replace it?

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

The Mighty Mouse is a piece of crap. I am using an MS Sidewinder I had lying around and it's about 100X better.

3. iTone thread starter macrumors member

iTone

Well i've had mine for over a year and didn't have any problems until today. Maybe i should invest in some other brand. :mad:

4. -SD- macrumors 6502

I've been through five Might Mice in about 2 years. Each time I've taken it back to the shop and had it replaced. Except this last time I cracked it open and still couldn't fix the damn thing so I binned it. Wacom FTW.

Four of them had the problems with the trackball and one of them wouldn't differentiate between any of the buttons: everything was right-click.

:apple:

5. iTone thread starter macrumors member

iTone

So i should try taking it in then? Do i bring the box if i do? :confused:

6. -SD- macrumors 6502

Well it's not an actual Apple Store here in Peterborough, it's a KRCS reseller store. I marched back in there with my mouse in it's box with receipt and told them very nicely that my £50 mouse had broken after 3 months, and I wanted a new one. It's just unfortunate that I seemed to be visiting them every 3 -4 months to get a replacement. The Manager is quite cool about it as he agrees with me that the design is flawed.

:apple: