Mighty Mouse issue with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by masayo, Oct 4, 2010.

1. masayo macrumors newbie

masayo

Hallo, I'm new here so let me know if this has been discussed already.

I'm a UI designer so I use Adobe CS products every day at work. The company I just started gave me a Apple's mighty mouse (codeless mouse) and I found it very erratic. While I'm working on Illustrator and Photoshop documents I use mouse and Option/Command/Shift keys on the keyboard simultaneously to create mockups. Even though my finger is not touching the surface of the mouse the documents moves right and left, zoom in and out by itself. This erratic behavior happens only in Illustrator, Photoshop and Google Maps so I was wondering if this is a known issue in Adobe products or the mouse I got happens to be defective? Has anyone encounter the same behavior?

Masayo

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Nope, I had the Mighty Mouse for over 2 years and it's fine when I use CS3 and CS5. I now have a Magic Mouse and it's fine too but I prefer the Mighty Mouse.

3. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Eek! Sounds a weird problem, fwiw I've never had any 'stickiness' issues, but have used third-party drivers to make the mighty mouse more controllable (SteerMouse is pretty good)- might it be worth seeing if one of those makes a difference? (Prob. not but all can suggest, soz :))

4. masayo thread starter macrumors newbie

masayo

mighty mouse -> magic mouse

Thanks guys!
    Correction: sorry, my mouse is Magic Mouse actually not Mighty Mouse. (confirmed the pic in Apple website)

After reading responses from heehee and Kyffin I borrowed the same mouse from my co-worker who said he had no problem with it and tried, and tried the MagicDriver (equivalent of Steermouse) also... but it still happens. :( I noticed this "sticky" problem happens a lot when I drag to move/copy objects in Illustrator CS5.

So at least I know my mouse isn't defective since it happens with other mouse too... oh well if it gets too distracting I guess I have to look for a different mouse. :(

Masayo