Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
I dont care what anyone says the right click feature does not work. i can take my entire hand off the thing and use only my index finger to press the right side and i still only get the right click function 1 out of 10 times. i was thinking about posting a video of this. i would have found it quite funny if it wasnt so frustrating.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Defective.

Then again, I won't be buying another mouse anyways, since my scrollball broke just a couple weeks (or was it months? i think it was weeks) after purchase.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
LOL, All I can say is here is another not so mighty mouse thread. Why Apple? Why cant you make a decent mouse??? Still, this threads title is a little rude and a lot funny.:D

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
I agree - MM is terrible. I suppose it is possible that all three of my MMs are defective, but it seems more likely that they just suck.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I have been thinking about that new logitech if anybody has any experience with it. If they could shed some light on the subject it would be nice otherwise haven't had any issues with my mm

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
It worked perfectly for me the first time I ever even touched one in an Apple store. Played with it a few minutes and actually seemed like a pretty decent mouse.

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
2nyRiggz said:
LOL...I saw the title and almost fall out of the chair....yes MM suck.

Bless

crap did i just throw away $38? I havent got the mouse yet, but circuit city has a nice ms mouse for 25 AR

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Steve Jobless said:
crap did i just throw away $38? I havent got the mouse yet, but circuit city has a nice ms mouse for 25 AR

$38 is not bad but there are better mouse out there....you might enjoy it...be prepared to clean it often to get that ball working...I can't be bothered anymore with it.

Bless

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
i guess my tittle was to hardcore for the mods.... just so everyone knows i wasnt refering to my testicles... i was refering to my tennis balls. I just happen to believe that mm licks my tenis balls. thats all

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
Haven't had one problem with my wireless MM that I ordered the day it came out.

I use it in 3D modelling software and rendering software both of which make intensive use of the right button for contextual menus and it works perfectly.

The combination of control+scroll is a godsend for zooming in to details to avoid a time consuming screen redraw and I use the middle button feature for orbiting around the scene.

I love it.

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
i guess i got a bad one then... like i said beore i can literally take my entire hand off the mouse and ust press the right side with my index finger and nothing happens.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
jordansampson said:
i guess my tittle was to hardcore for the mods.... just so everyone knows i wasnt refering to my testicles... i was refering to my tennis balls. I just happen to believe that mm licks my tenis balls. thats all

This just in, pigs do fly.

Steve Jobless

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
my MM doesnt right click either! I think I want a refund....

is there a way around this besides using the track pad?

Zeke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2002
Greenville, SC
I have to ask all of you guys whose MM doesn't work. Did you actually set up the right click in the mouse control panel? It didn't work for me initially but once I found that and turned right click on it worked without a hitch.

Just figured I'd throw it out there since it took me a little while to discover it.

Cowinacape

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Surrey B.C. Canada
jordansampson said:

Nice save :D

On a related note, being as my new MP has bluetooth in it, can any bt mouse be used with it? Or does a new mouse mean new bt dongle? Not saying my MM is having any relationship (that I know of) with my tennis balls, but the verdict is out on weather or not the MM is really for me, love the wireless feature, but not real big on the shap and size, greatly prefer my old corded MS Intelimouse Explorer. Perect fit for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.