Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProstheticHead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
This has been happening for a while. It happened on Tiger and it is still happening on Leopard. I set my Mighty Mouse button 3 to Dashboard and button 4 to Exposé - All Windows. If the computer goes to sleep / restarts, the mouse all of a sudden "forgets" that I set those two buttons. It is really annoying. Anyone else having this issue / know a possible fix?

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Wireless or wired?

I may be wrong, but it would make most sense that the settings are actually stored on the computer and not in the mouse. In this case, it would be likely that something with your preferences has become corrupted. My first suggestion would then be to repair permissions using Disk Utility (only because its the simplest thing to do).

ProstheticHead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
Wireless or wired?

I may be wrong, but it would make most sense that the settings are actually stored on the computer and not in the mouse. In this case, it would be likely that something with your preferences has become corrupted. My first suggestion would then be to repair permissions using Disk Utility (only because its the simplest thing to do).

Yeah, it's the wired Mighty Mouse. I'll run the Disk Utility when I get back to the iMac tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: I ran the permissions repair and it seems to be working fine, there was a list of about 20 permissions that it did not repair, so I'm considering just doing a clean wipe and starting fresh. Time to start backing up all my garbage!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.