Mighty Mouse Not So Mighty!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anirudh, Nov 26, 2008.

1. anirudh macrumors 6502

Got a wireless mighty mouse a couple of days ago. It was working fine.. uptil now when the scrolling is choppy, the mouse doesnt scroll on wooden surfaces at all where other corded mouses scroll perfectly. I dont know whats wrong, any ideas?

2. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

it's a total crab, wait until the mighty scroll deteriorates and becomes permanent pause-croll!!! it's annoying as fuakaasshetabish - you should return it and get a logitech vx revolution!!!

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

First off - by scrolling, do you mean the movement / tracking of the mouse itself? Or the scroll-ball?

4. anirudh thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean the movement of the mouse/pointer itself and not the trackball. Took it to the apple store today and I told the guy even cheap microsoft mouse scroll on wooden surfaces while the MM does not. Guess what he told me: The MM is too sensitive to scroll on wooden tables and I need to carry a mouse pad with me alongwith my laptop :) So I took a refund, and decided to buy a Logitech V470. Hope that turns out to be good.

5. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

The mighty mouse is not one of Apples better products. In fact, to be honest, i'd rate it amongst the worst of Apples products.

6. deltaiscain macrumors regular

The mighty mouse SUCKS. When you get it all works fine, but if you scroll a lot, like me, your notice that after a couple of weeks the scroll ball fails. I am getting a VX Revo of Nano, and will never buy one of these "Mighty" mouses again, until they are changed. Oh, and cleaning it doesn't help.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I love my mighty mouse it scrolls wonderfully on my wooden desk at home, and pretty much any surface i've ever tried it on. it also feels great in my hand. I really dont know why people hate it so much, I've had mine for 7 months now and not a single problem :cool:

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Either he's misinformed or he thinks he knows everything.

There no such as thing as too sensitive. If anything it should scroll better on the wooden table, but then again the wooden table may not be good for the Teflon feet.

9. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I guess there has to be a few of us to stick up for the poor Mighty Mouse. I love mine and it works fine--never a problem with the little scroll button as long as you keep it clean. It is coming up on a year old in January.

10. anirudh thread starter macrumors 6502

well, I got a Logitech V470 and I love it so far. Still kinda miss the 'squeeze' function of the MM, but what good is it when the mouse itself sucks...

11. OrganMusic macrumors 6502

If the table has an overly smooth and glossy finish there can be trouble. My MM works ok on my oak desk, but the cheap optical mouse I have on another computer sometimes mistracks on the fake wood folding table it's on.

12. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

Trackball issue

The trackball on mine intermittently cuts out. It happens on the vertical axis, horizontal seems to work just fine. I really like it actually (although I have all but the main button switched off - I grew up in the OS9 generation so I don't miss those for as long as keyboard shortcuts exist). Still, bloody annoying though...

13. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't know what to say folks, I have had the same wireless MM for over one year and it's been completely faultless. I don't have issues with it's rotating nipple nor the actual laser sensor. Guess the older versions had better quality control? I dunno... mine works!!

I've had more faults with the MacBook Pro! Come to think of it.

14. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

I'll stick up for the MM as well. I've had mine for almost a year and the scroll ball still works flawlessly. Just make sure your hands are clean before you touch your electronics and you will be fine.

15. Azagar macrumors member

Azagar

I just replaced my mighty mouse because of tracking problems that you mentioned, I got a bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 from Microsoft ( I'm sure my mac doesn't appreciate that). Its a great little mouse with a higher DPI sensor I think, one neat trick I discovered is if you already own a mighty mouse you can configure the middle click and left side click and they take effect on the Microsoft mouse. Just something I thought worth mentioning.