Mighty Mouse or Magic Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ozreth, May 4, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Which one is the newer one and which works better? I'm looking for bluetooth, are they both?

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

The Magic Mouse is the current mouse Apple is distributing. They stopped making the Might Mouse after some legal problems and totally redesigned it. The Magic Mouse only supports bluetooth so you're in luck! If you would like to check it out here the page for it. I personally love it. The downside is it's $70 USD.

3. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I just realized your a 6502. What in the world, I thought I was answering this for a n00b. A simple trip to the Apple web site would have answered everything. Come on man.

4. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

sorry, but i totally lol'd at this contradiction :p

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

I guess I was looking for peoples' point of view here on each product. Conversation on forums tends to be better than reading reviews before buying a product.

Plus Im lazy tonight.

7. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Ah, well that's better. As far as my review, I love it. If your going to use it though you NEED 3rd party software like MagicPrefs to go with it. The software is half of it. The only thing is, it takes a little getting used to. You won't rest your hand on it like you do most mouses. You usually end up making a fang type shape with your index and middle finger if you know what I mean.

Found a picture:
    [​IMG]
    So it would be like the middle picture on the top, but arched like the one to the left of it.

8. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

I loved the Mighty Mouse, I love the Magic Mouse, but I can't live without a wacom tablet.

9. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I've used both and like both. However, the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse can be problematic. After using it for a while, it could stop scrolling in certain directions and require cleaning which is a pain. The Magic Mouse has not such issues and, with the use of MagicPrefs or Better Touch Tool, offers far more functionality. I have switched to using the Magic Mouse on all my Macs and can't be happier.