Mighty Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ninjapenguinart, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ninjapenguinart macrumors regular

For some reason my wired mighty mouse can't scroll up using the roller ball, but when I use my wireless one I am easily able to scroll up. Is there a way I can fix my mouse without having to take it to an apple store?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Turn it upside down and roll it on a piece of paper until it works again.

Compressed air also works.

3. slackavetes macrumors newbie

I too have a Mighty Mouse problem that just started today, and I am completely, utterly baffled. All of a sudden, I turn on my Mac Pro with which I have had *zero* problems since I purchased it in February, and am greeted with the Bluetooth Setup Assistant saying that it cannot 'pair' with my mighty mouse. They keyboard works fine, just not the mouse. I replaced the batteries, made sure it's discoverable and that the light blinks, but the mouse still fails to pair. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

This is a well documented problem with the mighty mouse. Just google it and you will find many creative solutions on how to solve it.

5. slackavetes macrumors newbie

I googled every search term I could think of and couldn't find anything regarding my specific problem, I came here as a last resort. Could you point me in the right direction?

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Have you searched here??I think there are a lot of threads about that...

7. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Mine stopped scrolling up yesterday. I applied some lens cleaning fluid from my camcorder lens cleaning kit to a lint-free lens cloth, turned the mouse over, and rubbed the ball all around on the dampened cloth. Problem solved.

I'll do that every few months from now on.