Mighty Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by goosecoupe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. goosecoupe macrumors member

Sometimes when I'm clicking around on the mac, if I want to close a window (or pretty much any kind of clicking) I click, but it doesn't function at all on the mac. Then I have to move the mouse around a little then I'll be able to click to exit the window, etc.

What's the deal? It's just weird.

Thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like the mouse is confusing where you are clicking on the mouse. If you set the entire surface for the primary click, does this still occur, or do click work. Either way, if you are still under warranty, I'd take it to an Apple Store and see if I could get it replaced.

TEG

3. goosecoupe thread starter macrumors member

It's using the primary button settings. I just wanted to click a button a few minutes ago, then it didn't work, then I had to click another button then go back to the item I want to click open for it to work. Weird.

4. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

One of the many reasons why I regret buying the Mighty Mouse.

5. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

my mighty mouse is doing fine, although sometimes is doesn't recognize my right click, but i think the mouse just hates me for even trying to right click. lol

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

re: right click issue, make sure its enabled in system prefs, and also make sure your fingers are not on the left side of the muse when clicking.

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

[​IMG]

I had this problem with one of my new MM's, i just returned it to the store, they exchanged it.. no questions asked. Perhaps if it new and it continues to happen... try returning it for a exchange.

P.S... don't drop it.. haha..