Mighty Mouse Quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Aranince, Aug 19, 2008.

?

Do you like the Mighty Mouse?

1. I like it

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. I don't like it

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Mine had problems

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Aranince macrumors 65816

I've been considering getting a Blutooth mighty mouse, but I can't decide with reports I'm hearing. Some people love it, others have problems. I want to see how wide spread the problems are.

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

It depends.

If you wash your hands constantly and are a clean and germ-free for most of the time you will use it, you will simply love it.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I have it with no problems. I just clean it from time to time, the scroll ball does get dirty, but that is not a design but rather a technical issue. The ancient trackball mice used a ball, and it had to be cleaned. The 360 degree scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse is no different, a "trackball" but not on the bottom. By all means, if you aren't a dirty person, go ahead and buy it. The people that say bad stuff about it don't know what trackballs are and why they were replaced by laser/optical. In short, it's a great mouse, and it compliments any mac or even pc computer.

4. Cameron08 macrumors member

I found out 2 things with my wireless might mouse:

1.The black cloth that we all thought was used to clean (or just me thought that) well I used it for the wired mouse and the wired mouse worked great on it. However it would not work well on other surfaces. Since I bought the wireless mighty mouse then I could use it on so many more surfaces.

2.The wireless mighty mouse connection would get sluggish when I connected my bluetooth headset to the mac. When I disconnected the mouse would speed up more.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Mine is fine, but I wouldn't buy one if I needed a new mouse. Right clicking is a pain, and the scroll ball isn't as good as a genuine scroll wheel. For the price of a mighty mouse, you can do better.

6. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

You should have added one more option: "I like it for everything but gaming".

I have two Mighty Mice, a wireless and a wired. The wireless Mighty Mouse has worked perfectly, but the wired Mighty Mouse had some initial scrolling issues that I've since resolved.

I do not use either of them for gaming because I prefer the responsiveness I get from my MS mouse.

7. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I personally like the mighty mouse a lot. The BT is a very nice mouse; I'd say it feels way better than the wired. (Just don't get that awful BT keyboard)

However, I'm a HUGE proponent of tablet inputs, if you're into pro apps.

8. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I've configured the scroll ball button as my right click and it works pretty well.

9. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I liked the way that it looked, but otherwise I hated the damn thing. It would always get grimy, and the trackball would always get clogged with sweat and dust. I just got a Logitech MX Revolution yesterday, and it is the best mouse that I have ever used! There are a ton of programable buttons, but the only thing I dislike about it is that it isn't bluetooth. This mouse is so much more comfortable then the mighty mouse, and I would strongly recommend this mouse over the Mighty Mouse!

Don

10. ocbaud macrumors member

ditto

i have an mx revolution for my desktop system, and just recently got a VX revolution to replace the bt mighty mouse for my mbp. the logitech mice are so much better than the mighty mouse. the biggest issue i had was the slow tracking speed and the right click not working as nice as i would have liked

11. ryanflucas macrumors regular

ryanflucas

Mine seemed really slow in comparison to the tracking speeds of other mice. I also tried a spare wired mighty mouse in its place, same results. Battery life for the bluetooth one was great, but I like a wheel vs a ball for scrolling, and since I set it up as left/right click, it didn't click the right way unless I clicked the far left or right.

I also got sick of using the wired aluminum keyboard. I went back to a wired white Apple Pro keyboard and a wired Logitech MX518 mouse. Now I'm a complete happy camper. :p

12. matchbox macrumors newbie

my mighty mouse had trackball problems within a month if first receiving it. it was replaced and the second one had trackball problems also. So I went and bought a microsoft comfort optical 300 mouse from target and it's been working flawlessly. Hated to spend $$ on anything microsoft, but it works well for me.

13. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The reason for "slow tracking" is the speed of the BlueTooth frequency. The proprietary 2.4ghz or 5ghz wireless speeds of Logitech is faster.

14. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    the mighty mouse is the worst thing apple made IMHO

i should really throw it away and get a new mouse.

I think i'll do that this weekend