Mighty Mouse Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Caris, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey everyone. I have a Mighty Mouse from well over a year ago and the scroll wheel and been going funny since about 3 weeks after i got it. I'm just wondering if the latest MM's have a different wheel in them that last longer or don't get dirty as easy or if there just exactly the same?

Thanks, Matthew.

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Would just depend on what environment you are using it in and how you use it.

I think personally that they all get affected differently, looks like you might have to buy a new MM..

3. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

When I purchased my new iMac I got the wired version of the MM with the unit. When I saw the comments in the threads here, I made it a practice to do the shake and wipe with a damp cloth about once a week. It's been about a month now, and still no problems with it. They can be disassembled and cleaned - I saw a link somewhere here to a youtube flick that showed how to do this.

And to answer your question, I don't think that they have changed any.

4. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

I've had mine for 3 months, no problems, but it could just be luck. (That'd be a first. I usually get the problem products.) But I've cleaned it a few times. It's up to you, if you want to try a new one, but I don't think they're different.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Have you looked in the threads around here about how to clean them? I've found the method of rolling the ball vigorously on a sheet of clean white paper to be quite effective.