mighty mouse right click

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rcr, Jul 10, 2011.

1. rcr macrumors member

rcr

I'm having issues with my bright new mighty mouse. The right click only seems to work when it wants to. I've tried my hand in all different positions, sometimes I get a run of it working, much of the time it just counts as a left click. Left click works fine by the way.

Have I missed something in mouse settings? I made right click button 2. Is this a problem with mighty mouses? Is this one faulty? If it's faulty, I bought it online, can I take it into apple store and swap it?

Thanks.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Make sure you lift your left finger so it doesn't touch the mouse when you want to right-click.

3. rcr thread starter macrumors member

rcr

Doh...thanks. I bet you get that one all the time.

4. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Are you talking Mighty mouse or Magic mouse?

I didn't think Apple made "bright new" Mighty Mice anymore?

5. rcr thread starter macrumors member

rcr

Wired Mighty Mouse yes, and I went for the wired numeric keyboard. I like the longer keyboard, and feel the mighty fits the hand better than the magic, plus the mighty feels more suitable for CAD work (now that I've found out that it just requires a more sensitive touch to manage right click it's perfect) Also, the wired options save on using batteries!

6. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

Hmmm. If I'd had that advice a year ago, I might have stayed with the Mighty Mouse. Ultimately I gave up on the Mighty Mouse because right-click only worked 80% of the time or so, for me. OTOH, I wouldn't have discovered I absolutely love the Logitech MX620 so much that I've purchased a spare one!

P.S. I also have the wired keyboard and love it!

7. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Aha yes! The surface is touch sensitive so you do need to learn to lift your index to right click! Just as a thought, if you're doing CAD work then have you tried the SteerMouse driver? There's a free trial which you might like to try- I use the Mighty Mouse also, and the control I now get with speed/acceleration (and accuracy) has really made it a new animal!