Mighty Mouse Scroll Direction under Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by bunnspecial, Jun 25, 2015.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'm playing around with Lion on a Mac Pro 1,1 at least until I can get off my rear end and get Mavericks installed on it.

In any case, I'm using an A1048 Keyboard(the one with the clear plastic "crumb catcher" base) and a wired Mighty Mouse.

As with trackpads under Lion(and later), the scroll direction has "flipped" and I have to scroll the ball up to move down the page. Unlike with a trackpad, though, I can't find an option to make the scroll direction how it should be :) .

The Mighty Mouse scroll ball works as I would expect in 10.4-10-6(the main OSs where I've used it). Also, I know from a fair bit of experience that any normal, generic scroll wheel mouse works "normally"(i.e. toward you to do down, away to go up). Even the Magic Mouse works this way(my MP doesn't have BT at the moment, so I can't use the Magic Mouse).

Is there a way that I can flip the scroll direction in Lion short of just grabbing a random scroll wheel PC mouse?

2. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Never mind-I found it. Across the top, there is an option to "move content in finger direction when scrolling." Unchecking this makes the scroll ball work "correctly"(at least from my perspective).

My issue now is that it's functioning as a single-button mouse. I literally changed nothing on this computer other than installing Lion-when I boot back into Snow Leopard, I get full four button functionality out of the mouse. In Lion, I can't get a secondary click or anything else.

Here's how it's set up in Lion

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 11.46.15 PM.png