Mighty Mouse scrolling in MS Office Word 2004

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nzmc36, Sep 19, 2007.

1. nzmc36 macrumors member

Hi, I have a new mighty mouse that works pretty..... except Office Word (Mac and PC versions). It scrolls okay for a short period then stops, then when I click (or other) it, the page, will race to where the scroll should have taken it. I spend a lot of time in Word so this is becoming a real problem.... so if anyone has ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate it....thanks, Pete

2. check0mark macrumors newbie

Yes, I have the same problem, although I don't believe this behavior is limited to Mighty Mouse. Did your prior mouse have a scroll wheel? If so, did scrolling in Word 2004 work fine with it?

As for a solution, I'll post again if I come across anything helpful.

Anyone else?

3. nzmc36 thread starter macrumors member

Back again, thanks for the note. So far this is working now... it seems MS has posted an update for Office (I think 3.6 or 3.7) that solves the problem. I couldn't find the auto-updater for Mac Office 2004 for I just uploaded everything that looked like it was associated with Office 2004. Anyway... so far so good.... it's MUCH BETTER!!!!
    Cheers,

Pete

4. check0mark macrumors newbie

Update didn't work for me...

I've updated with the latest patches from Microsoft (now updated Word 2004 for Mac to Version 11.3.5), but scrolling continues to be problematic:

Scrolls up and down fine for a while, then stalls until the mouse is clicked, followed by frantic scrolling up-and-down as it catches up...

And the problem is definitely not restricted to Mighty Mouse. The same behavior happens when two-finger scrolling with my MacBook Pro and with Mighty Mouse on my Mac Pro. Both machines are running OS X 10.4.10

Still looking for a solution...