mighty mouse - scrolling left

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sdsvtdriver, Apr 14, 2009.

1. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

howdy,

Yesterday I bought a new wireless mighty mouse. After using it last night and playing around with the features, I noticed the scroll ball wouldn't scroll to the left for the most part. Occasionally, if i pushed on the ball, it sometimes would move a bit, but not at the level of ease it scrolled right or up/down.

Today, I returned it and got a replacement. I am experiencing the same problem, only with scrolling left. I have read about scrolling issues after use, but not right out of the box.

Before I go back to the store and use the mice on display, is it a known feature of this mouse that scrolling LEFT is problematic, or did I just happen to get 2 from a bad batch?

2. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

unless you have INCREDIBLY dirty fingers,

then i bet you got the 2 bad mighty mouses out of the box.

i would recommend taking it back to the store before it's too late. that just sucks.

regardless whether cleaning it or not fixes it - you shouldn't have to do that, especially when you payed for a brand new mouse.

3. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Probably just two bad ones.
    Next time, get a mouse, and test it out right at the store. That way, it won't be a problem with the Mighty Mouse anymore.

4. sdsvtdriver thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought about doing that (testing the 2nd one out at the store) but thought, nah... what are the odds?

:)

5. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

I'm going to resurrect this thread and say that I too, am about to return my SECOND Might Mouse (bluetooth) that doesn't easily scroll left.

I don't know WTF is going on at Apple when it comes to mice, but this is getting ridiculous.

And the wired MM is just jumpy as hell. That thing is all over the place.

6. agvsta macrumors newbie

Same problem

I just get my 13" MBP and MM bluetooth.
    Same problem with you here.
    Planning to send it back to the store within few days.