mighty mouse track ball

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Sep 3, 2014.

1. zoran, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

zoran macrumors 68030

Something small and hard fell in the mouse track ball area and while i was pressing it (upsidedown) on a piece of paper to clean it, that little hard piece of dust carved channels on the surface of my track ball! So now im thinking to get a new ball and replace it, but i can't find anything on ebay! Maybe the track ball by itself isnt a commercial part? Any ideas on what to do?

2. umbilical macrumors 6502a

In the past I was have around 3 mighty mouse wireless and 2 cordless, ALL five have the same track ball problem! are so bad.

my response to you is, be a favor yourself and DONT buy any apple mouse... yeah yeah!!! looks really cool and nice, but ergonomics sucks... even this $20 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NR57BY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER is better, feels better in hand... is not so good looking but is healthy for your hand! again search other options brands but dont use an apple mouse!

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works" Steve Jobs

that Steve quote dont match with mighty or magic mouse!

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanx but i love the styling, plus the fact that its very simple to just open and replace the little ball. Why not try it! ;) Only issue is, where can i get the specific part!

4. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hehe ok... well search youtube videos to fix... or buy another but even if you buy a new one, you got the same problem over the time, like I say in the past I use some and all get the same problem.

I order today the logitech performance mx, I hope that is good... Im looking ergonomics, my hand is killing for hardcore use in work, I dont care styling.

good luck ;)

5. zoran, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I just want to get a new ball, not to buy a new mouse! :)

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Guys has anyone actually measured the diameter of Mighty Mouses roller ball?

7. n0cus macrumors 6502

I actually use that exact mouse, and I agree it is much more comfortable than any Apple mouse I have ever used.

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Not anyone? :)