Mighty mouse + Unibody macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zephirus, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Zephirus macrumors member

Why did apple put both USB ports on the left side? How am I suppose to plug my mighty mouse on the left side and use my right hand to control it(the cord is too short on the mighty mouse) Now I understand how lefties feel with all those "right handed products" By the way, I hate having the mouse in front of the comp, it has to be on the side.

This is from an online chat board :
    Zeph: you know what I hate on those new unibody macbook pros
    Zeph: all the USB ports are on the left
    Zeph: and the mighty mouse cord is too short for a right handed
    Zeph: way to go apple
    sillek \ dea: well I guess Apple has too much faith in their trackpad ? And think nobody will use a mouse
    sillek \ dea: Or that everyone uses wireless mice
    sillek \ dea: Or maybe they know that THEIR mice ****

**** added to be G-Rated

Is there an adapter to make it longer? Right now I use the imac's keyboard which I keep behind the laptop and plug the mouse in that keyboard, which is temporary until I get the imac back from repair.

Just my 2 cents :)

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Any old random electronics store should sell USB cables to extend your mouse. But you are right, Apple expects you to use a wireless one. It looks more "flashy" next to the MBP. Maybe try not using a Mighty Mouse :p

3. jagr200 macrumors member

I use the trackpad most of the time. But when I want a mouse I just use a wireless mouse from Microsoft. Works fine on OS X.