Mighty Mouse will not scroll down, only up???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AeroBar, Feb 20, 2010.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hello,

The scroll on my Mighty Mouse will not scroll down, only up.

This the second Mighty Mouse I've owned and the last one had this problem too.

Is this a common fault? The settings in System Preferences are fine.

Regards

2. mac88 macrumors 6502

I'll have to find the post, but someone used a small BB (it actually looked good) in place of the scroll wheel and has had no problems. I'll search it out.

3. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Cleaning...again and again...and again...and again...then bin it.

Clean the mouse and all should be fine. I had this same problem. By the way, it will become a shorter interval of time before it stops working after cleaning again. You will eventually learn that it sounds good, but it a load of crap as you hardly ever scroll sideways. Then you will get sick of cleaning it and get a better mouse. You will probably decide on a logitech or a razer (www.razerzone.com) mouse, as these seem to me as the best two mouse companies on the market.
    In short-don't buy an apple mouse as they are made for aesthetics > ergonomics. (or to look good in common language)

4. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

This is why I gave up with the MM. This scroll ball gets always dirty. I switched to a Logitech and it's 100x better (and cheaper also)

5. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

Lick your finger, put it on the button and rub it. Its a cure all.

6. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to all who told me how to clean it.

To those who didn't, I am very happy with this mouse and have no intention of changing it.

Cheers.

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I sometimes have the same problem the OP has when the batteries are getting low. Could be the case here, as well.