Mighty Mouse won't click!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jordanleigh, Aug 22, 2009.

1. jordanleigh macrumors newbie

Someone dropped our Mighty Mouse, and now it won't register clicks. When it hit the floor, it kinda fell apart. We put it back together, but now it won't click. We've tinkered around with it a little bit, and opened it up to see if there was something obviously broken... And everything looks like it should be working fine. At this point, it looks like we need a new Mighty Mouse, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how we might be able to fix it. There were some other forum posts about the mouse not clicking right clicking, or scrolling, but I get the idea that it was just a hardware problem, where it just stops responding. Au contraire, it isn't working because it suffered blunt trauma... :[

*also, for other users whose mouse isn't working who are looking for answers, if your track ball isn't working very well, it might just need cleaning. Try turning it upside down and rubbing the mouse on your pant leg or a piece of paper, with moderate force. This will help dislodge debris inside, and help it scroll more easily, and doesn't harm your mouse. If you're having trouble right clicking, try lifting your index finger off the left side of the mouse. The mouse has a sensitive electrical wiring circuit under the area of where your fingers touch, and your mouse may be confused by fingers on both sides of the mouse. The primary click is the left click, so it'll take priority over the right side. Ah, Apple technology is beautiful.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Either you someone gets a blunt trauma upside the head or you someone dips into the piggy bank :(

"Call it, doc."
    "Time of death is 8:59 PM."

3. jordanleigh thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's my boyfriend's computer and his mouse. His sister came to visit, along with her fiancee, and his young boys. One of his boys was messing around with the computers and turning them off and playing with the buttons and such... well, he discovered the fun little Wireless Mighty Mouse. And he dropped it. It broke open, and they put it back together... but yeah, it's dead.
    We just got back from Best Buy and he bought a wireless keyboard and another Mighty Mouse. Now, the keyboard isn't typing. It's saying it's paired, but when he types, it isn't really doing anything. He's reset the computer twice now. It wasn't working, and then he reset the computer and it worked long enough for him to type in his password... And now it isn't working again. This is so frustrating.
    The delete key is working... and when he tries to type, the pointer on the screen moves a little with every keystroke, which I find veryyy odd. He just said 'everything works, except the letter keys'