Mighty mouse won't right or left click

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gusious, May 10, 2009.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Ok so i have a wireless mighty mouse for 9 months and today i had a serious problem.

I had the casual problem with the trackball but i used to rub it on a clean peace of paper and it was fixed. When i done this today it won't right or left click. All it does is open the dashboard which this is the middle button. When i set off the middle button it can left click but not right.

What the heck is going on? What should i do? Can it be fixed or do i need to go on an Apple Store and get a new one?

God i hate this mouse....:mad:

Edit: By rubbing it on a paper, the trackball is now scratched. Will this affect my warranty?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Has anything got messed up in the mouse Prefs pane?

3. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

4. nnn macrumors newbie

same problem

today the exact smae thing happend
    cleaned track ball on a peice of paper which got the scroll working, but now i have lost left and right click..
    please help !!

5. CrassSamurai macrumors newbie

Got mine to work

Exactly the same happened to me. 3 days ago cleaned the scroll ball and then the left click got all messed up. But found a solution today that's working thus far... just clean the scroll ball again but run it over a damp cloth. Do it the same as when you used the paper. The damp cloth got rid of some black streaks on the scroll ball and the left click's been fine. Hope it keeps working. Try it. Good luck.