Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
Ok, so I went to the apple support webpage and did all the junk they told me to do, but my might mouse still won't scroll down. It scrolls left, right, and up just fine, but for some reason it won't scroll down. The ball moves fine when i'm trying to scroll down, but, again, nothing happens...anyone have any suggests??? and Yes, i've cleaned it and haven't done anything to it and I can't think of anything I could have done to cause this...:confused:

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
do you feel any resistance, or is it just free rolling?

Mine will sometimes "not ketch" thus refuses to scroll.. I then flip the mouse and roll the wheel gently on a clean cloth surface for a bit. This usually fixes it.

Sadly even the mightymouse can suffer from a bad scroll wheel from time to time. :(

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
but

but, uh this mouse is brand new.

whizzing 20" isight, mouse stopped working, wondering if I should send it all back.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I have the SAME problem. I thought it was a Firefox issue, but no, it's defective mouse. I'm sending it back in for warranty repair.
I LIKE the mouse, but even a new one is a bit flakey.

simpkins17

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
mighty mouse won't scroll down

Put a dab of rubbing alcohol on your finger tip and apply to the scroll button.
This has always solved the problem for me

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Put a dab of rubbing alcohol on your finger tip and apply to the scroll button.
This has always solved the problem for me

lol.. I hope they weren't holding their breath for your reply!

"Dec 29, 2005 06:28 AM - mighty mouse won't scroll down "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.