Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duck33, Jun 23, 2009.

1. duck33 macrumors regular

Is the Mighty Mouse a good mouse? I've read good and bad reviews. When did Apple release the Mighty Mouse? I don't want to spend $70.00 to found out that Apple will be releasing a better one in the coming months.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I personally despise the mighty mouse, there are many better mice out there. I believe Apple released the Mighty Mouse in 2005, but I doubt they will be replacing it any time soon.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

People usually either love them or hate them

I use one, and I have no issues with it

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. kindtampa macrumors newbie

kindtampa

I agree with Duck. I dispise it. Have had two, and withing weeks the very functional scroll wheel fails. I use the logictech, with expose, ect assigned to it's third, forth buttons. Seems using OSX and a multi-button mouse go hand in hand. Unless of course you have the MBP trackpad which I'm stunned how functional it is.

5. zero85ZEN macrumors regular

Wireless version works very well for me. But I've never been much of a "mouse snob". ;)

6. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I use the MM with no problems. It works very well with OS X.

I doubt a new one will be released any time soon.

7. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

I personally love mine. I've had it for almost 2 years, no problems whatsoever. But you do need to clean the scroll ball once in a while.

8. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

People either love it or hate it. I think its a good mouse; I've used better more featured ones however. It works seamlessly with OSX. I never had any problems with the scroll wheel as others have. The wireless one is amazing in the amount of surfaces you can use it on; I used it on my roommates cat and it worked flawlessly. It eats through the 2 batteries in about 4 months though.

9. kindtampa macrumors newbie

kindtampa

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do u clean the scroll wheel? I have two that "look" clean but no longer reliably respond.

10. kkim0228 macrumors newbie

Some people like it, some people don't. I personally despise it (wireless). Since you've read some reviews, you probably already know what's wrong with it.

The bottom line is that way too many have gripes with it that it doesn't make sense to recommend it. I've seen some people say "works for me! I recommend it". People, if it's known to be full of flaws, and a good half or more of users complains about it, you DON'T recommend it whether it works for you or not. I like my MBP, but people gotta accept the fact that Apple messed up its mice line. It's so inferior to Logitech/MS/etc. mice in ALL POSSIBLE ways.

If you don't care about matching the brand of the computer and the mouse, no way on Earth you should consider buying a MM.

11. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1537

12. mackeys macrumors newbie

For me I've never had any problems with mine (wired). Just treat it like you would your Mac and clean it every once in a while and it should be great. I love mine just because it works so well with OS X.

13. duck33 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the info guys! Is that really correct, Apple released the MM in 2005 and hasn't release a new one yet? What are they waiting on?

14. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

What are they waiting on? Who the hell knows. Haha

But I will tell you this though, 75 dollars is pretty hefty for a mouse nowadays.