Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by powers74, Sep 20, 2009.

1. powers74 macrumors 68000

powers74

About a year ago my dad got an iMac. Obviously, it came with a Mighty mouse. Now, my dad is for some reason, addicted to carmex in the little jars. He keeps one at his computer desk. so for a year now, he has been applying carmex with his index finger, then, apparently using his scroll button. When I went to his house the other day I went to show him something on his machine and noticed it was completely gunked up with Carmex residue and would not scroll. What can be done? is there any way at all to bust into a Mighty Mouse? His is the standard model.

Mine is the bluetooth varient. I like it a lot, but I do notice that it can be a bit jittery / sluggish at times, and tends to lose it's connection a couple times a week.

Any thoughts / ideas appreciated.

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

This might help. Get a piece of paper and put it on a flat surface. Turn the Mighty mouse upside down and roll the scrollwheel in circles on the paper. Have fun seeing the gunk.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Ever since Apple came out with the bluetooth fixes, it resolved the disconnecting issues with the MM. Your best bet is to just clean the little ball with some alcohol.

4. powers74 thread starter macrumors 68000

powers74

Mm

HMM... I'll give those ideas a shot next time I'm up there, thanks guys.