Migrate assistant interrupted

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kakyoism, Dec 1, 2010.

1. kakyoism macrumors newbie

kakyoism

I'm new to mac and just got a new MBP. When I tried to transfer data from my iMac to it, the migrate assistant got interrupted by a network problem. After I fixed the network, the transfer just cannot be resumed: I hit the "continue" button a couple of times, and it always gave me the same "network failure" error prompt.

And it doesn't allow me to do any work during the long migration. I wonder if there are other easy way of transferring data. I know I can use FTP or SFTP, but just want to make sure if the frustration I had with migration assistant was not a misuse on my part.

Thanks a lot!!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Call apple for phone support. Free first 90 days for new products. 3 years if you got apple care.

3. kakyoism thread starter macrumors newbie

kakyoism

Thanks for the reply. However, I wouldn't have come here if I wanted to do that. I guess all I want to know is whether people take migration assistant as the default choice to transfer data. If not many people actually use it, I'll just give up and SFTP all my stuff...

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

As far as I know, if Migration Assistant is interrupted, on restarting the application, it will either carry on where it left off or start again from scratch.