Migrate Firefox/Tbird question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jrrjbl, Feb 10, 2008.

1. jrrjbl macrumors newbie

About to place the order for iMac. Going from PC to is going to be different and is causing some concerns.

Chief among them is how to handle the FF/TB transfer of all bookmarks, passwords, email history etc. The complete application can't be done since they are Windows specific. I think I have to first install the Mac versions of both on the IMac but not sure. Guidance needed.

By way in case it comes up. I have tried Safari on PC and prefer FF. TB just works and want to minimize the learning curve a little.

Thanks

2. jrrjbl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks
    They seem more for FF and the actual sites only mention re FF with apparently some issues. I may be just be dumb though. Still have TB to deal with.

3. reh macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird is super easy. Just copy your profile folder from Windows to the correct location in Mac OS X. All settings and email will be preserved. Here's where the profile folder is located on different OS's.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

bookmarks passwords

5. jrrjbl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all. We are getting there. Figured worst case on FF was just import to Safari, Download FF for Mac and import again.

Great site site with great folks