Migrate MobileMe to iCloud without Lion?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mcdj, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Not ready to give up Snow Leopard yet on my Macbook. iPhone 4S and iPad2 are iOS5 and iCloud ready.

What happens if I migrate to iCloud? Will I no longer sync my stuff between my Macbook and iPhone/iPad?

Thx.

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I would not do it. Wait like the rest of us on SL. Once you do it, you cannot go back. IMO

3. eyephoney macrumors newbie

No - it's unlikely to work correctly. I had my doubts switching to Lion but did so knowing iCloud would work correctly and it does so I for one am well happy.

If yr ready to make the change I would say go ahead and make the change !

4. MKMacPro macrumors newbie

I went and took the jump to iCloud now my Macbook Pro (MBP)won't except Loin and I am screwed:( I can't get anything to work because MBP is the mother ship and can't respond:( I need help so bad..... don't do it unless you have LION... or you will be as frustrated as I am......

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

not tried it but I see no reason why parts of it won't work without Lion

Address book is now CardDav so should work in SL
    Calendars are CalDav, same as MM ones were so shouldn't be an issue
    Mail is IMAP so will work also

Other features of iCloud will most likely not work

its the same situation as using MM on Tiger (or was this Leopard, the one that only had the .Mac pref panel), parts work but have to be manually configured