Migrated old mac to new mac, vmware file missing?...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MikeTheVike, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

I got a new mac and used the built in Migration Assistant to copy all of my files and settings to the new mac. I got 2 errors afterwards...

/Users/username/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm/Windows XP Professional-000001.vmdk" could not be copied because it is too large. Try copying this file manually in Finder.

Users/username/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm/Windows XP Professional.vmdk" could not be copied because it is too large. Try copying this file manually in Finder.

I got back on my old computer and did a search and found the second file, but couldn't find the "Windows XP Professional-000001.vmdk"

When I try and launch Windows XP from VMWare it says its missing that file...Any ideas where it is? Is it possibly hidden? Thanks for any help!

2. MikeTheVike thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone have any idea? maybe someone with Windows XP installed could do a search and see what files are found? I enabled view hidden files on my old mac and still couldn't find the other file.