Migrating a site from iWeb so it can be used in another editor?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by kitenski, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kitenski macrumors regular

kitenski

Hi all,

I created a simple website for a local gym club that my daughters used to attend. We have since left the club and I promised to hand the website over so that they could keep it up to date.

However no-one in the club has a Mac, so I'm wondering how I can get the files into a state that they can edit them, quickly and easily?

From iWeb I have exported to a folder, and then tried to use the Windows based freeware, Komposer to edit one of the files.

However it appears that the iWeb page is built using lots of CSS, so I can't simply edit part of the page, or even insert new paragraphs from Komposer.

I just wondered if anyone had found an easy way to export a website from iWeb into something pretty standard, so it can be edited in other tools?

Thanks alot,

Greg

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

There's no easy way because of the way iWeb creates the CSS in such a confounded manner. It'll take about the same amount of time as starting from scratch unless maybe you have a web designer transition the code. They might be able to do it quicker.

3. kitenski thread starter macrumors regular

kitenski

Thanks, that is what I feared, fortunately it's a small site, so re-doing it may not take so long....