Migrating from Bootcamp to Parallels 3.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jellomizer, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

For a while now I have been running Parallels off my bootcamp drive. But I would like to move the data to a normal Parallels Image so I can remove the bootcamp partition. I did suceed in copying the drive into a a dmg file, Hoping I could get Parallels to read from it and boot of it but with no luck... Has anyone else tried this and possibly suceeded in such an endever.
    My Primary reason of doing so is when Leapord is released I can backup my Parallels system via Timemachiene. Also so I can use the other Parallels to to expand or contract the space required when needed.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You can use parallels transporter, i have sucessufully used this. Insturctions + download links in the link given.

The latest version can be found here. Released this evening so really hot off the press.

3. jellomizer thread starter macrumors 6502

jellomizer

It almost worked except for the fact it bombed out about 1/4 of the way threw every time. Ill wait for a new version in the future and try again.

4. brkirch macrumors regular

Yes, it could take a few tries, but it does work.

5. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

How can you make Parallels read Boot Camp and run it? I cannot figure it out. I always get an error. Can someone explain please?