Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
So there are lots of threads and blogs about this I know, but I just would like some new updated advice on how to do a move from iOS to Android. I'm moving from my iPhone 7 Plus to a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.

Music is okay because Apple music is available on Android (altho it's probably not a great app?)

All my contacts, calendar and notes are stored under my Google account.

I don't use iMessage so thats fine.

It's all my photos I'm wondering about, I currently use iCloud to upload/backup 1000's of pics. I know Google have their photos app but I'd ideally like all my favourited pictures and albums to copy over. And there isn't an app for the Mac is there?

What would anybody suggest as the best method to do the switch?

Thanks!

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
The best method would be no two switch. No reason to do so. The S8 is a beautiful machine but wait till you become entangled in the Babylonian Nougat. I have many friends who own an Android device, they are always amazed at how my little and dinosaur era 5s runs smoother than their flashy multi this and that Android. But of course what a pain to communicate with their Android. That, I admit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.