Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaneTheGr8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2021
My family recently invited me to join the Apple Family Sharing plan - and initially I was keen if I could get AppleTV plus and them to sponsor my Apple Music Plan, however alas - it's none of that. Instead there's a huge 2TB iCloud sharing - now I haven't continued to complete the joining.

I would like to but I have a 200GB iCloud plan already being used.

Stupid question here, if I join their Family Plan and take my share of 2TB can I 'migrate' (if possible) my iCloud photos to that plan and downgrade my iCloud plan to the basic 5GB free.

Will I loose my photos? Do I need to login and do anything for this?

Or do I just accept their Family Plan request, then once done Cancel my iCloud? What is the possibilities of loosing my stuff which I am really scared of.

Also side note Family Plan does this allow for sharing of Apple TV or Apple Music - because I know they all have this is there a way to all have one subscription under this plan?

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Stupid question here, if I join their Family Plan and take my share of 2TB can I 'migrate' (if possible) my iCloud photos to that plan and downgrade my iCloud plan to the basic 5GB free.

Yes. Joining the family plan extends that space to your iCloud. You can downgrade your plan. Nothing changes, you are not even switching iCloud accounts, you will see the space expand to 2TB in your account. If that family plan ends you will be told you are out of space and need to take action or loose data.

Also side note Family Plan does this allow for sharing of Apple TV or Apple Music - because I know they all have this is there a way to all have one subscription under this plan?

Yes, if the owner of the family plan has Apple TV and has sharing turned on, you will also be able to use it. You can look in the sharing settings of iCloud to see what is being shared.

Reactions: circatee

DaneTheGr8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2021
So.... I joined and I see my iCloud is merged nicely. But how do I know billing is cancelled?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.