Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Hello,

Is there a way to migrate iCloud calendar events to become strictly Gmail calendar events, or am I forced to do replace each event separately? I'm likely to purchase a Nexus 7, and obviously, the iCloud calendar does not work with Gmail calendars. I would like my iCloud events to appear under my current Gmail account in iCal/Calendar on my Mac.

Thanks for any and all help.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I would turn iCloud off then when asked if you would like to delete Calendars etc. please say NO.

Turn on Google account and toggle Calendars ON and it will ask if you wish to merge.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I would turn iCloud off then when asked if you would like to delete Calendars etc. please say NO.

Turn on Google account and toggle Calendars ON and it will ask if you wish to merge.

I really do hate to be a bit of a bother, but I tried this in the best way I knew and found no MERGE option. Is there a more specific method?

Thank you.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I would go into Calendars. Select those you wish to send to Google and Export to the Desktop.

Open your destination Google Calendars. Logged into the correct account and there is an import option under the gear.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I would go into Calendars. Select those you wish to send to Google and Export to the Desktop.

Open your destination Google Calendars. Logged into the correct account and there is an import option under the gear.

That worked. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.