Migrating Notes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by WuLabswuTecH, Nov 9, 2012.

1. WuLabswuTecH macrumors member

I have just gotten an iCloud account. I activated notes to sync, but it appears that I have two folders in my notes app. One is my local device, the second is my iCloud Notes. This makes sense. But how to I move notes from my local folder to the iCloud folder? I have about 100 notes to migrate, and I have no clue how to do it!

thanks,
    -Wu

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you have them synced to a desktop Mac, you can use the Notes app to drag them from On my Mac to iCloud in the Notes app. Otherwise, on iOS alone I don't know if a way to do it beyond cut/paste. Give this a look.

3. WuLabswuTecH thread starter macrumors member

unfortunately, I do not have a Mac, but rather a PC. Is there a way to do it from a PC?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You could do it from the icloud.com Notes interface. But I don't know if you can drag them from there, or if you are stuck with copy/paste.

5. WuLabswuTecH thread starter macrumors member

I have gotten my hands on a Mac OSX ML setup and i'm trying to figure out what you were talking about now. How do I sync the notes to my desktop first? The current plan is this: sync notes from old ipod--> Mac OS --> Icloud --> new ipod

But I'm having trouble figuring out how to load the old ipod notes to mac os.

Also, i tried gmail sync but I can't figure out how to sync already written notes!

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You should be able to use iTunes to sync the notes into the OS X Notes app.