Migrating Outlook 2011 Email Archives to Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LTCMark, Dec 12, 2013.

1. LTCMark macrumors newbie

Greetings. I have read many a thread on how to migrate archived emails from Outlook 2011 to Gmail, but have had little success.

What is perhaps the simplest solution, setting up Gmail as an IMAP account within Outlook 2011 and simply copying over folders, never seems to work. I end up with all my email headers, but none of the text or attachments contained in the email itself.

I have tried converting the olm files to mbox and other filetypes, but have had similarly poor results.

Has anyone successfully migrated their Outlook 2011 archives to Gmail (or Outlook.com) and, if so, how did you do it?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Are they local or are they still on the server that Outlook is attaching to?

if still on the server try www.migrationwiz.com it's the best $20 you'll ever spend for simplicity. I used it to move 3200 users from 3 different mail systems to Office365 and it was pretty much flawless. Gmail is equally supported.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Have you tried creating a corresponding folder (label) at Gmail and then copying a few individual emails (try a couple with attachments) from the archive?