iPhone XR Migrating to a larger phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy James, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

I've always been a proponent of smaller phones. I currently use a 6s. My interest in smaller phones is pocketability rather than one handed use.

In the past I’ve found that even my 6s is a bit tall when going up stairs or trying to sit down. Then I realized it’s really only a problem with my older pants. Shallow pockets.

Today, I had a chance to sample and pocket a Max. It was a bit big but probably workable. The slightly smaller size of the XR seems about right.

Ironically, this experience was with newer skinny jeans. My problems are with my older standard jeans, which have shallower pockets. Smartphones have shaped the clothing industry and that’s given me my first interest in bigger phones. Curious if anyone else has noticed this trend.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No, they haven’t. There is no way I would coordinate what I wear for my pants around my smart phone for carrying it in my pocket. You just have to manage depending on which phone you have depending how you choose to carry it.

I gather there are different clothing trends, but I still see plenty of those who wear skinny jeans and manage to carry their iPhone, maybe it’s not comfortable, but they manage.

3. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

No self respecting male should ever wear skinny jeans. They look hideous.

4. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

I’ve always avoided large phones too. I bought the 6s theme as really annoyed the SE came out six months later. Couldn’t justify the spend at the time to swap though. Then got the 8.

My second phone is a Mi A1 which looks wise is basically a copy of the 6/7/8 plus.

I love the screen real estate so now I’m looking to upgrade to the Xr. I’m still a bit wary though.

5. Jimmy James thread starter macrumors 601

Jimmy James

I’m not saying I coordinate my clothing with my phone. I’m saying that since phones have become bigger pockets have become deeper to accommodate them. Coincidence? Probably not.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 26, 2018 ---
    I’m skinny enough that they just look like regular jeans.