Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

windupbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
North Carolina
Received my new MBP today and love it! I cleaned up my late 2003 Mac Pro before I used migration assistant and assumed that migration assistant wouldn't migrate anything that could not be used without Rosetta. Wrong!

I've been deleting really old stuff like a 2002 version of OmniGraffle that I missed and it subsequently was moved over, but I'm starting to worry that I may be deleting something I need. For instance, there was a Airport set up assistant that said it was for Graphite and Snow, but when I tried to open it I received a message saying that it wouldn't work with this version of OS X. I have duplicate iPod updater software and multiple versions of some other utilities.

1. If the file has a last modified date of 2005 or earlier is it safe to say that it isn't needed/won't work well?

2. Are there programs that are essential to the OS that require Rosetta? I don't have it installed yet.

3. Is there anywhere that lists what applications and utilities should be on a new 2010 MBP as standard? I really don't want to erase and start over if at all possible. And, yes, I have searched using MRoogle and Google, and haven't found anything recent.

Thank you!

windupbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
North Carolina
Crickets...

I know they are maybe dumb and definitely broad questions, but can anyone provide any information on the above post. Please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.