Migration Assistant Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Audivid, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Audivid macrumors newbie

Yesterday I did a migration assistant (MacBook Pro to MacPro)to get a music file from a friends computer and what i think happened is that I migrated his WHOLE system because now my hard drive has 4.3 GB left when before it was virtually empty because I use ext. hard drives. My question is WHERE are all these files because I dont see any new files (not even the music file that I intended on migrating) but my hard drive is filled up. And if possible, can I remove all the files at once since they all came at once? Help please!!

2. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

OK... hopefully this is a learning experience for you. Don't use Migration Assistant when you only want to transfer one piddly file. Use a USB thumb drive for that. Migration Assistant probably added your friend as a user on your computer, in which case all of his files and stuff will be inside of his user folder.

Secondly, I hope you previously backed up your comp with Time Machine because it sounds like restoring from a Time Machine backup is just what the doctor ordered for you here.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It migrated the whole account.

Got to Apple menu / logout, and login to his account.