Migration Assistant iLife programs?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SouljaSoy, Sep 17, 2011.

1. SouljaSoy, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011

SouljaSoy macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, this is my first post but I'm sure ya'll can help me out. I just got a new MBP that is now the replacement of my 2008 macbook. I used migration assistant to transfer my files, but it seemed to have replaced the iLife 'll apps that came with Lion with my '08 apps from my macbook. iLife is included with all macs right? Anyways, since I have a new computer I was confused as to why I can't find the new apps. I figured during migration assistant that the computer would automatically default to the newest version and filter out my old apps for me. Any help? Thanks.

Anyways, after googling it appears that iLife 'll is not included with Leopard. So to upgrade I have to go through the App Store?

2. sarahanwrapped macrumors newbie

sarahanwrapped

While my new MacPro came installed with Lion, I had serious issues with migration assistant and had to do a clean install. The iLife programs were gone, log into AppStore and check "purchased" iLife did not automatically reinstall with Lion and had to be downloaded/reinstalled. Good luck