Migration Assistant Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joberster, Feb 23, 2009.

1. joberster macrumors newbie

I've just finished transferring Adobe CS3 Web Premium from my MBP to my new iMac and am having some issues.

Firstly, the software asked that I provide my serial number again to verify ownership. Not a problem, or so I thought. I put in my serial number, and was alerted that I have already reached the maximum number of computers with my CS3 installed (2), and remembered that I had installed it on my mom's mac back home. I called her, had her deactivate the software, and tried again, but this time I messed up the serial number. Now the Adobe software asks that I call customer service. What I would like to do is have another chance to properly enter my serial number, but I am now unable to do so. I am only asked to call customer service with the numbers provided (and activation number, and the incorrect serial number) I do, and cannot get the guy to understand that I would just like to clear out the wrong serial number data and enter the correct one.

Does anyone know if there is a way to just get the Adobe software to give me another shot at the serial number? I can't deal with these customer service guys.

Side note...restarting the application does not clear out this data, neither does restarting the computer or re-installing the software.

Thanks in advance

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You could try deleting the preference files in User/Library/Preferences. I think they're called 'com.adobe.application.plist' where 'application' is photoshop or whatever.

3. joberster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. It still asks me to call the customer service number. Now I've gone through and deleted numerous cache and licensing backup files, but still no luck. I've got 4 days left until I won't be able to access the software anymore.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well with that much money involved it would sure seem to me that you need to deal with the customer service and perhaps ask to speak to a supervisor or a higher level support rather than give up on them. While I am not suggesting this is the case, please understand the red flags it sends up when you have software that expensive with only four days left for activation and say "I can't deal with these customer service guys." and ask for a way to bypass it here.

Also you might want to try the Technical Support phone number rather than the general Customer Service number since clearing the wrong serial number entered is actually more of a tech question. Tech Support is 800-642-3623 (M-F 6am to 5pm Pacific Time) or submit an online support request at http://www.adobe.com/support/

Good luck- I hope you get it resolved soon!