Migration Assistant killed my iBook. Help?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by marcre3363, Jul 21, 2008.

1. marcre3363 macrumors newbie

So I recieved my fancy new 2.4 GHZ macbook today and went to use Migration Assistant to transfer my programs from my iBook. I had used MA when I bought my iBook to transfer the programs from my old desklamp iMac, so I figured I was fine.

Instead, I had to restart the iBook several times before it would recognize the iBook. When it finally recognized it, I realized I needed to delete alot of uneccessary items from the iBook before I wanted to transfer the programs. So, I thought I logged out correctly.

I didn't.

I got an error on the Macbook saying the "hard disk" was improperly ejected. This appears to be the case since I can no longer boot up the iBook. I've tried restarting in regular and safe mode, but both times it would go to the grey screen, give me the white apple and the fancy spinning gear and then die.

After removing and then replacing the battery and RAM, I can now register it for transfer mode and am just transferring everything I can. But am I going to have to re-format this sucker from scratch when I'm finished? I was hoping to give it to my wife as her media computer.

2. chscag macrumors 65816

Unless you overwrote something on the iBook which would prevent it from booting it should be OK.

Regards.