Migration Assistant Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applefan27073, Nov 21, 2011.

1. applefan27073 macrumors member

applefan27073

Hi Everyone,

At home we have a communal 2009 iMac (Snow Leopard) that everyone uses. I purchased Adobe CS 5.5 Web Premium on an educational edition (as I am a student) earlier this year and installed it on this machine.

I am considering purchasing a new MacBook Pro :), as it may be beneficial at school and later in University (or College), however I would require the Adobe CS Suite on this computer for some classes.

As I understand, the Migration Assistant permits the transfer of ALL Applications (i.e. you cannot select certain ones) :mad:. I do not wish to transfer ALL the apps on this Mac as people will still require those applications on the iMac.

The Question: Is there either a way to select only a few Applications to migrate / transfer over OR will my education licensing permit me to UNINSTALL on the iMac and re-install on the MacBook Pro.

NB. I do not have the MBP yet, and I am an Australian (this changes the licensing agreement with Adobe, I Think)

Thanks Everyone! :D
    Jordan

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I See No Reason

Why you can't transfer that license, but you would need to talk to Adobe, who are not known for generosity. A tip: If you tell them the computer on which it resides has died, you should come up trumps.

3. applefan27073 thread starter macrumors member

applefan27073

@MacMan45 - Thanks! (I am completely aware that Adobe aren't the nicest of folks!). I briefly checked their support site, and it appears that if you submit a ticket they may be able to see if the programs are installed on the computer. Don't know if I read it properly, though! :)

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's Why

I suggested you tell them the computer is broken....Uninstall Adobe products and give them a call. If they still won't play (I think they will) Make a fuss...It works with them, just one of the poorer companies for service.

5. applefan27073 thread starter macrumors member

applefan27073

Ahhh. Thanks! :) Makes a lot more sense now! (Sorry - I'm just naturally slow at getting things!!) :p